Central Pest Control have noticed an increase in Cockroach Activity in apartment blocks and in the food sectors in Dublin, this increase is all linked to the food chain.Cockroaches are usually associated with dirt and poor housekeeping; however, we often find Cockroaches will travel from adjoining properties in search for new suitable expansion sites. The health risk posed by Cockroaches in commercial food premises may also lead to compulsory closure orders. Customers perceive their presence as a sign of unsanitary conditions, negatively impacting their decision to patronize you and damaging your reputation.
Cockroaches survive off an omnivorous diet including things such as leather, soiled septic dressings, hair, their own and other animals’ excrement, and wallpaper. This is the reason why they are known to be a disgusting pest and spreaders of disease.
Problems caused by Cockroaches:
- Disease – Cockroaches can carry and spread diseases such as Salmonella, Gastroenteritis, Dysentery, Poliomyelitis and Typhoid.
- Contamination – Cockroaches will contaminate anything they encounter.
- Droppings – Cockroaches will drop their eggs and droppings everywhere they go, spreading disease.
- Infestations – Cockroaches spread serious foodborne infestations including food poisoning organisms.
- Allergic Reactions – Cockroaches and their faeces can cause allergic reactions, particularly in more sensitive individuals such as asthmatics. Exposure can be a result of inhalation of materials from the cockroach in airborne dust or ingestion of tainted foods.
How do they get into my premises?
An infestation can occur when live insects or eggs have been transported via laundry, packaging, raw materials, second hand furniture or cockroaches can enter the building via the drains. Cockroaches can enter your premises via the following:
- Drain System.
- Food Packaging.
- Delivery Containers.
- Second Hand Furniture
How to prevent a Cockroach infestation:
- Good Housekeeping
- Deny access to a Food Source
- Keep Gardens Clear to prevent any hiding place for cockroaches to hide.
- Keep your property Well Ventilated as Cockroaches thrive in warm environments.
Cockroaches over the last twenty years have become very difficult to treat, maintain and control as they have become more resistant to DIY pesticides and poor pest management. With over thirty-six years of experience, you can be confident that Central Pest Control will effectively control most common infestations, with all our fully trained expertise and equipment. Once we have treated your infestation, our trained staff will advise you on preventative measures to avoid a return of cockroaches in your home.