- Bee in controlAuthor: Central Pest Control | Monday 04/07/2016
Bee in control
Believe it or not, the sting of a bee can be life threatening when the unlucky receiver can have a severe allergic reaction which goes by the name of anaphylactic reaction. Nasty symptoms include swelling of the face, hives and trouble swallowing to name a few. While uncommon, emergency treatment should be sought immediately.
If you’re stung and not allergic, for example on an area such as your hand, ensure you remove rings from your fingers without delay. The nasty buzzers leave a sack of venom and a stinger in your skin. Make sure to remove the stinger within 30 seconds to avoid receiving anymore venom. Then, simply wash the stung area and apply an antiseptic. Look at taking an antihistamine to ease itching and swelling if needed..seek advice from your pharmacist first off!
You may ask the question “how can I avoid being stung altogether?” Whether it be a honey, solitary, mason or the bumble bee, there are a couple of steps you can take. Firstly, in the summer months when bees are at large, avoid wearing perfumes and brightly coloured clothing…very attractive to the bee unfortunately. Secondly, avoid or remove plants which naturally attract insects in and around your home. Last bit of advice, learn to recognise insect nests and avoid them like the plague.
Bees camp out in beehives. If you suspect a bees nest in your garden, home or workplace do NOT attempt to remove or destroy it yourself. Bees are protected by law so don’t just kill them. Don’t panic, stay away and do not disturb them.
If you’re having a bit of bother with bees, Central Pest Control can give you sound advice. Call us today on 1890 906195 or email email@example.com
I have used Central Pest Control on a number of occasions now and each time they have solved the problem in a fast, efficient and cost-effective way. I would have no hesitation in recommending CPC for their wide range of services.